A tool for doing advanced searches in Bible text KJV

General discussions (Registered users only)
Topics: KJB, Bible prophecy, Pentecostalism, etc.

A tool for doing advanced searches in Bible text KJV

Postby danw » 16 May 2015, 15:42

Hi, I'm looking for a tool that would do complex searches in the KJV text. For instance I'm looking for instances of various tenses of verbs so my search text would be something like: "*ing" with the word "when" near to it in a verse. This would give me an example of the present tense continuous verb.

I would find such a tool extremely useful.

I have completed a work on using the KJV to define its own definitions in the multimedia format with workbooks – about 11 hours of tuition.

I'm currently working on the grammar and punctuation of the KJV with its Early English and Early Modern English Grammar Formats. Such a tool would save me a great deal of time.

Thank you very much for any suggestions or help. By the way I appreciate the work and effort on this particular website. I believe that the KJV Cambridge edition is God's preserved pure word in English. I've even noticed some publishers changing the punctuation marks to suit the various study Bible notes that they wish to publish using gave e.g. text. Grammar changes meaning.

Cheers for now
Dan
danw
trained band
trained band

Re: A tool for doing advanced searches in Bible text KJV

Postby bibleprotector » 18 May 2015, 07:14

Online Bible software allows that kind of searching, I use SwordSearcher.
Site Admin

Postby danw » 19 May 2015, 12:20

Thank you very much for replying. That is very interesting software. I've downloaded it and running it through its paces, so thanks a lot. I've also been boning up on Regular Expressions and the software from:http://www.just-great-software.com/

Keep up the good work
cheers for now
Dan
danw
trained band
trained band

Postby Helene » 15 Apr 2016, 13:13

There is a new tool I have been using that is wonderful for KJV users, I am so disappointed that many are not keeping with the KJV. I truly believe that in these evil days we need to hold fast to the word of God more than ever. Here is a link it is free to download and there are no adds in this at all and the authors are not trying to sell anything other than the pure word of God :D

[Note: This website makes no money for any of these recommendations or links and the websites are for educational purposes]The opinion expressed here are not to reflect badly on anyone including myself.

On a more serious note, that is what enable me to come here and do further research. I am questioning everything that I have been taught, including the word of God, and this helped me a lot. The word of God the KJV is the only thing that is not changing for the worse, everything else is, and the more I study the Word, the more I see the literal Word, transform before my eyes. The Bible is alive and well praise God !!!

I use 2 tools for all my computer needs with the Word of God however, I still do check with my pen and paper,[good old fashioned way] it helps with memorizing the Word by writing it down,I hope this wasn't too long a read, here are the 2 links:

http://www.purebiblesearch.com/=for KJV only

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html=to compare what they have remmoved from the KJV
Isa 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, ....., and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
Helene
trained band
trained band

Postby goodsheep » 10 Nov 2023, 09:57

Anyone know if a website or program exists that let's you look through different KJV versions?

If not, does anyone have a link to a page that shows which KJV's are PCE versions?
goodsheep
shot
shot

Postby henry21 » 19 Dec 2023, 20:29

King James Bible Online: This website allows you to search for words, phrases, verses, and passages in the KJV, as well as access commentaries, references, and other resources.
Bible Gateway: This website lets you search for keywords, phrases, topics, and more in multiple Bible versions, including the KJV. You can also compare different translations, read study notes, and listen to audio Bibles.
God’sview.net: This website is an online Bible concordance, search, and study tool. It contains all 12,852 words in the KJV, and allows you to find every occurrence of a word or phrase in the Bible text.
henry21
trained band
trained band

Return to General