Authorized King James Version/American King James Version

General discussions (Registered users only)
Topics: KJB, Bible prophecy, Pentecostalism, etc.

Authorized King James Version/American King James Version

Postby jtank » 26 Jan 2016, 11:45

So I was searching for "AKJV" (Authorized King James Version) and the search engine popped up AKJV for American King James Version. Does any one have any thoughts or insights about this version? I haven"t heard anything of this version before.

Found this about the version from this website: http://studybible.info/version/AKJV
"AKJV - American King James Version
This is a translation of the Bible based on the original King James Version. It is a simple word for word update from the King James English. Care has been taken to change nothing doctrinally, but to simply update the spelling and vocabulary. The grammar has not changed the grammar because that could alter the doctrine.
The American King James version of the Bible was placed into the public domain on November 8, 1999."
jtank
shot
shot

Re: Authorized King James Version/American King James Versio

Postby meandanitoo » 27 Jan 2016, 02:54

Hello,

You may find a wealth of information on this topic here: https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/thebible.htm
meandanitoo
shot
shot

Postby jtank » 29 Jan 2016, 14:30

Thank you for the information but the site did not have anything about the American King James Version.
jtank
shot
shot

Postby henry21 » 01 Mar 2016, 01:46

This is a translation of the Bible based on the original King James Version. It is a simple word for word update from the King James English. Care has been taken to change nothing doctrinally, but to simply update the spelling and vocabulary. The grammar has not changed the grammar because that could alter the doctrine.

The American King James version of the Bible was placed into the public domain on November 8, 1999.
The American King James Version is a new English edition of the Bible based on the King James Version. It is a simple word-for-word update from the King James English. Care has been taken to change nothing doctrinally, but to simply update the spelling and vocabulary. The grammar has not been changed to avoid altering the doctrine.
Good Night Quotes For Friends, Wishes & Greetings
Romantic Good Morning Quotes For Her With Images
henry21
trained band
trained band

Postby Brethren » 04 Mar 2016, 06:58

I wouldn't buy American KJV for reading or studying if I were you. Because it changes the true meaning of "ye" and "thee". Not only that but other words as well.

For example, in John 3:7 KJV:

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (Jesus is not talking only to Nicodemus, but includes us too)

But the American KJV shows:

Marvel not that I said to you, You must be born again. (This sounds like Jesus is talking to Nicodemus ONLY.)

From Websters Dictionary:
Ye
YE, pron. The nominative plural of the second person, of which thou is the singular.
But the two words have no radical connection. Ye is now used only in the sacred and
solemn style. In common discourse and writing, you is exclusively used.

From Strongs:

ye
G5209
ὑμᾶς
humas
hoo-mas'
Accusative of G5210; you (as the object of a verb or preposition): - ye, you, (+ -ward), your (+ own).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(no word "thee" in Websters)

thee
G4671
σοί
soi
soy
Dative case of G4771; to thee: - thee, thine own, thou, thy.

I suggest that you watch this 4 min clip of David Daniels explaining about the uncommon Emglish words, such as Thou, Doeth and so on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v84sOq0feQ

Hope this helps you.

UPDATE: I checked to see if American KJV passes PCE test. Here is the result↓↓

1. "or Sheba" not "and Sheba" in Joshua 19:2 - failed

2. "sin" not "sins" in 2 Chronicles 33:19 - failed

3. "Spirit of God" not "spirit of God" in Job 33:4 - failed

4. "whom ye" not "whom he" in Jeremiah 34:16 - failed

5. "Spirit of God" not "spirit of God" in Ezekiel 11:24 - failed

6. "flieth" not "fleeth" in Nahum 3:16 - failed (spelt "flees")

7. "Spirit" not "spirit" in Matthew 4:1 - failed

8. "further" not "farther" in Matthew 26:39 - failed

9. "bewrayeth" not "betrayeth" in Matthew 26:73 - failed (spelt "denudes")

10. "Spirit" not "spirit" in Mark 1:12 - failed

11. "spirit" not "Spirit" in Acts 11:28 - failed

12. "spirit" not "Spirit" in 1 John 5:8 - failed

Failed all 12. Therefore the American KJV isn't PCE.
Brethren
seasoned
seasoned

Return to General